First Durian
I found frozen durian at an Asian market the other day and was ecstatic. Unlike the whole fruits I'd seen caged in netting, this was peeled, deseeded and frozen in transparent packets so I can actually judge the fruit itself. I brought it home, unwrapped and tried it. Mmmm. It didn't come close to fresh durian from home, and it was the first time in my entire life I'd ever eaten durian with a fork, but nonetheless, it was pretty darn good. Like any other good thing in life, I had to pass it on to my child. Ah Ma and Gong Gong, here is Greyson's first taste of durian caught on video.
Greyson is still madly in love with his pillow. He's named it "Toh Toh", and every chance he gets, he points at it and calls it by name. He wants it out on the floor during the day, and in his crib during naps and bed time. Before he used to sleep all over the crib, now he is always oriented to his pillow (we have a video monitor). We do diaper changes with him lying on it and his new favorite thing is lying down on it and reading books. Another recent thing he's been doing is wanting some alone time in his crib when he wakes up from a nap. Basically what happens is I go in to get him, draw the blinds, ask him if he's ready to come out, to which he promptly replies, "No!" He actually wants me to leave the room, he says "bye." He can stay in there for almost 10 minutes sometimes...alone. It's the weirdest thing.
Finally, our big boy loves to do whatever we do, making it virtually impossible to get anything done with him around.

3 Comments:
I cannot believe that this child has this innate abhorrence for durian.He's an ang-mo-kia!! Fr AhMah
ha ha - I love the way he says buh bye! Also, beautiful planter box just outside the window behind the couch!
OMG - that's got to be the best "Baby's first durian" video ever (surely that category does exist somewhere in the world...)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home