Break Through
We were awake today at 10 in the morning, for the first time in two days. Last night, Greyson woke up as usual, and when we went to get him he asked to snuggle. It was heart-breaking, he was crying and he said, "Snuggle please? Snuggle PLEASE." We stayed the course and gave him a snack, played quietly for a while then started winding him down to go back to bed. I told him we could snuggle for five minutes, so we did, in our bed, and read three books. He asked several times to sleep with us, "Sleep with Mama and Papa?" and there were some tears, but when I told him Mama Wooly could sleep with him in his bed for the night, it was over. There was no "cry out", there was no battle, we calmly put him to bed with a dose of Benadryl just to make sure, and he slept from 3am till 10am this morning. I remind myself again to appreciate how reasonable my son is. We woke up droopy-eyed but thankful to trade the setting sun for the rising. We are on our way back to normal.
Although still extremely homesick, with increasing energy comes renewed appreciation for our life here; the weather, the walkability of our city, the beauty of nature that you can't help but run into at every corner. I'm thankful, but I miss my family. I wish, as I have always wished, since I moved here 14 years ago, that there was a way to physically eliminate the ocean between both my homes. I'll just have to keep saving up for that private jet.


Some photos of Greyson riding taxis in Singapore. The kid loved taking taxis, and it was fun to see him so excited even though we were so nervous about him being out of a car seat. He thinks every taxi driver's name is "Uncle" because that's how I address them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home