Greycinations

Friday, August 21, 2009

Don't Be Sad

Every Friday, my nanny comes later because she has another job in the morning. Since I leave early for work, Fridays have become Roque and Greyson's special one-on-one time. They go to the playground or the park, run errands or just play in the yard. This morning was Roque's last morning with Greyson. Of course when Roque reminded me of that, I dissolved into the blubbering typical of me these days. I walked around the kitchen moaning, "I'm so sad! I'm so sad!" Greyson was eating breakfast at the table and he said to me, "Why you sad, Mama?" Since I couldn't really tell my child that I was sad because I wanted to selfishly arrest his development for my own comfort, I played it off. But I said it a few more times, and finally Greyson climbed down from his high chair, came up to me, patted me on the leg and said, "Mama, don't be sad, Grey's here." Sob.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet - what a sensitive soul! Yes, another milestone cut. Just enjoy the journey..parenting ought to be a 'pleasurable' exercise, with God's abundant grace & mercy! You & Rock are doing fine..press on! AhMah

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home