Greycinations

Thursday, August 20, 2009

New Season, New Room

It is all just too much for me. Not only is Greyson starting preschool in a week, we also moved him into a big boy bed last weekend. We went to Target, got him new sheets, a clip-on light and voila, it's a whole new room. We also moved the very last vestige of infanthood, his glider, out of his room and suddenly, as Amy puts it, "it's a real big boy room" now. Greyson is loving the change. I reorganized all his books into the IKEA closet that's always been there, and now Greyson will stand in front of his bookcase, cock his head to one side and go "Hmmm" while he picks his book. The photos below show Greyson's nursery at our old place (his very first room) on the left, and his current room on the right. How things have changed. Similar furnishings, different child.

















Roque thinks it's funny, how emotional I'm being about all this because it's not like I'm going to see Greyson any less after he starts school. He'll attend on the days I work anyway, and Tues and Thurs will still remain Mama & Grey Grey's days. He is used to having me gone for eight hours at a time, compared to school where he's only there for three. Nonetheless, there's a definite feeling of finality somehow. I keep thinking that this week is Greyson's last week of school-less life until he's 24 (oh yes he
will go to college). Once they start school, any kind of school, it doesn't stop, and the days just get longer with every passing year. It marks the end of a season of him just being at home, with me, wholly and completely mine, and most significantly, wanting to be. Our little boy is just growing up so fast.

Today Greyson greeted me at the door with an enormous hug, begging to be carried, then holding my face between his two hands and planting wet kisses on my lips. I couldn't help but wonder how many more greetings like these I would have. Tear.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking back with nostalgia..indeed our Greyson has become a little man! Very special privilege & pleasure to be part of walk with thee both & thy family!! Ahmah

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home