On My Own

First day on my own. I am thankful that my husband seldom has to travel for work but this week is the exception. Roque left early this morning. Greyson and I sat by the front door to send him off, and when he left, we hurried over to the window so we could wave goodbye. Here are some photos of our little boy this morning, trying on his Daddy's big shoes. He loves taking his own shoes off when we come in from outside now. He's almost anal about putting the socks back in the shoes, and then putting the shoes back on the little ledge where they live. Watching him try and put on Roque's shoes this morning was simply hilarious.I am horrified at the thought of being left alone with a sick, transitioning-to-one-nap toddler for three days. Of course, true to form, Greyson slept a meager 50 min during his midday nap today. Thankfully, my neighbor invited us over to play during those trying moments before bedtime, and it was welcome refuge for me. Just that 45 minutes was enough to take the edge off his fatigue. Greyson has become such a little person with his nanny now. He's learned how to say "Aunty" in Mandarin, so he greets her all day long. When I call home to check in, he insists on talking to me on the phone. Today she called to tell me that he didn't eat much of his lunch, and he grabbed the phone from her and said, "MAMA!.....hi." I was home when she went to get him from his nap, and as she drew the blinds, I heard him ask her for me... "Mama?". It's like he can smell me tiptoeing around the house, cringing at every creak of the floorboards. Working from home is almost impossible some days. I can hear every word Greyson says, and tell which part of the house he's in. It's so difficult to focus on work and not get distracted by house stuff, or the urge to run up there and be with him.
We are now opened up to a new world of toddler activities. Here is Grey sitting at his new big boy table experiencing his first Playdoh. He still doesn't do much with it, as in make forms or shapes, he mostly just squishes it. But, when I made him a little figurine of a "Mao Mao" he picked it up and kissed it, then smashed it. He loves the new play corner we set up for him.




1 Comments:
Perhaps, the AhMah & Gong2 can attempt talking to him across miles..he's ready!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home