Greycinations

Friday, April 18, 2008

Groovin'

Our boy has a stomach bug. Yesterday we got home from our outing and he refused to eat any lunch at all. He woke up mid nap crying and when I went in to check on him, I found him sitting in a pool of pink, blueberry-stained vomit. It was all over his pillow, Wooly and even the floor. It was horrifying. Since then he's thrown up three more times, and we've had to restrict him to just ice chips, chicken broth and crackers. As usual, he is what my mother calls "a good patient." Bewildered, nauseous, and a little more clingy than usual, he continues to be cheerful and happy in spite of it all. It is heartbreaking to see.

My son is 21 months today, three months from being a full-blown two year old. Where did the time go? When I look at him, I can still vividly recall the sensation of his little body leaving mine, the feeling of him kicking in my belly and his sweet, sleepy face during a dream feed. He is such a little person now, and that is such a cliché, but there is no other way to describe it. Time flies when you're having fun.

In other news, he's started to dance. It is a sight that never fails to make me laugh, no matter what kind of day I've had. We finally caught it on tape.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So so funny! He dances..or is it chi-gong that he'practising' !!
AhMah

10:53 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Is that a tutu at his feet? So funny - this kid just never fails to entertain!

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home