Two Down
Two down, and hopefully none to go. I caught Greyson's stomach flu and was out of commission for two days. It was miserable and brought back unpleasant memories of my first trimester. Roque had to take Monday off because with our nanny on vacation, and no family close by, there was no one to take care of Greyson. Never have I wished harder that we lived closer to immediate family. Sickness is so different when you're a mother. There is no time to "take things easy", or ease back into things. Once you're vaguely functional, you're back and running. Toddlerhood has no mercy. Thankfully, God is merciful, and my recovery has been dramatic. Deadlines at work and my still-vomiting, diarrhea-plagued son await.
Sickness aside, Greyson's good spirits are indomitable. He can throw up his entire lunch, have a sip of water, and run straight back to his toy and yell "Mama...Tomato!!" I don't know if nausea affects children differently, but it sure does look like it. He's moved into numbers in the last week. He can count to 10 in English and Mandarin (video coming, Papa, hold your horses), and loves to read license plates, clocks and our cordless phone. I found an activity that he can sit and do on his own for at least 10 minutes: Elmo's Keyorama on Sesamestreet.com. Thank the Lord for educational software. Today we went to the public library and I was able to set him up at a computer station with headphones so he could play "Elmo" while I checked books out. Every time I'm on my laptop now, he'll come running..."Mama, Elmo?"
Here are some pictures from Roque's day with Greyson last week. He went to the Bay Area Discovery Museum with his cousin, Jen, and Greyson's cousin Rene. They came home with such lovely pictures. It's so cute to see Greyson and Nay Nay together. He always looks like such a giant. I love the photo of them in the car. It looks like they should switch car seats.







2 Comments:
Thank God for ever advancing technological devices that bring us closer..make learning easier.Grateful Rock/Sonia for putting up clips to allow us to watch our grandson grows across miles..xie2!! AhMah
Devon really enjoyed watching both videos. We might have to check out sesamestreet.com ! Keep that genius going! Seriously...Greyson's mind is amazing! Hugs, Erin
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home