Happy Birthday Papa!


Roque had a birthday, and with the help of some friends, I threw him a surprise birthday party. Greyson was born the year Roque turned 30, and because we were deep in the throes of adjusting to being parents, we didn't have a good celebration for him. In fact, we never have quite been able to make a fuss of birthdays since we had Grey, like we used to. I thought I'd better make a last effort this year before we have a second kid. People showed up from all over, work, family, church. It was a success, he had no idea. I didn't even dare tell Greyson until he and I were alone in the house, for fear he'd ruin the surprise. Our little socialite was so excited when I told him we were having a party for Papa, and who was coming over. We made a chocolate cake for Roque together, and Grey loved decorating it with his friend, Paige. Greyson totally gets birthdays now after the numerous parties they've thrown at school. He kept wishing Roque all day, "Happy Birthday, Pa! Pa's 33!" It was very sweet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home