Greycinations

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Catching Up

There's so much to keep up with Greyson and it seems I am falling hopelessly behind. Between working, taking care of him on my days off and dealing with the unending unpleasantries of being with child...it's tough to find time to blog. And yet, there are so many things to blog about. Greyson talks incessantly, and after we got home from Texas where we spent Christmas, it seems like it's just gone up another level, as if it had anywhere to go. I wish I had a quarter for every funny thing he says. Like the other day, he was whining about something and I said to him, "Greyson, you get what you get and you don't get upset." I waited for a moment for the profundity of my statement to sink in. Without pause, he replied in a smart-alecky tone, "Ma, you get what you get and you don't regret." I almost fell off my chair. "Where did you learn that?" I asked. "At preschool," he replied. "Well why didn't you tell me, I would have used that on you a lot earlier!" Sheesh.

He also needs everything explained, everything. Nothing escapes him. If I talk to myself in the car, he'll say, "Ma, who you talking to?" If Roque and I share a joke, he wants to know what it is. I signaled a woman in the car the other day to tell her it was ok to enter my lane, and he wanted to know why I waved my hand and why she wanted to come into our lane and where she was going. Another day, Roque was downstairs and he chuckled at something Simon did. Greyson, hearing it from the breakfast table, hollered, "Pa, why you laugh?" "Uh, nothing. I was just laughing at Simon." Greyson yelled back, "Did Simon make a joke?" It's really cute, and yet really exhausting. Some things are harder to explain than you realize.









Here are some latest pics of our bubby. We've been getting the baby's room ready and Greyson loves being involved in the process. This day I was arranging things in her room and he climbed into his old crib and just hung out in there. It's so weird to see him lie there, so tall and huge. I can still remember him tiny and bundled in there, my baby boy. Where did the time go? Here are more pictures of Greyson playing with my makeup. He loves to stand next to me when I get ready in the morning and paint his face silly. This morning he was a kitten.








My next task is to get the photos from Christmas in Texas uploaded and on the blog. They're coming, Mom and Dad. Sorry.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So so happy to see a new post! Blogging takes energy. It's not easy for a pregnant woman to cope a day's demand let alone to make a writing of the happenings! Keeping up with the inquisitive & smart Greyson must be more energy sapping!. All said, thank God for a bright kid!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

ha! with the next kid it won't be painting her face like an animal, she'll want to wear make-up like momma....at least Ollie does that, but maybe that's just my daughter.

10:57 AM  
Blogger FEMDZ said...

I was just laughing reading this because I can totally relate! The sheer amount of "why's?" and explanations is so exhausting and can also be fun! You put it so well! I hope you are feeling well! Love you! Erin

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home