Traffic Light Christmas Tree




Christmas with kids is so much fun. Sometimes I wonder what we ever did during the holidays without Greyson. Everything from cooking, baking Christmas cookies, Christmas shopping downtown, decorating the house, getting the tree...is double the fun with him. I guess that's why people say when you have kids you see life through a whole new set of eyes. Last weekend we took Greyson to Half Moon Bay to cut a Christmas tree. We usually just get one in the city, but I thought it'd be more fun for him to go a tree farm and pick one out "from scratch." Our old friend, Arvin (Uncle Bebe) came with us. When I think of the number of years he and us have been getting Christmas trees together, it's crazy. I found this old photo of us almost seven years ago. Nothing like old friends.

Anyway, we got to the tree farm, and Greyson ran around with a stick, picking at trees. He kept copying me, breaking the nettles and smelling them and showing Bebe how it's done. He's such a know-it-all. We finally found a tree we liked and our little man was all over the process, getting on his knees in the dirt with his Papa and trying to "help" saw. We got it home, lit it, decorated it, and now Greyson tells everyone who visits, "Look at my Christmas tree!" I unwittingly stumbled on a theme for our decorations this year. I found some ornaments that I purchased two years ago, that I actually forgot to use last year. They are green and gold, and combined with our old red ornaments, Greyson says they looked like traffic lights and he loves traffic lights. We apparently now have, in our house, a Traffic Light Christmas Tree. Perfect.

I'm trying to make this Christmas as special for Greyson as possible, just because I know that it's his last one as an "only." It's a mixed feeling, having a new child on the way and being excited yet dreading how it will change your only's world. It is almost difficult to imagine that on hindsight, this Christmas will seem incomplete in our eyes. This is the best ornament on our tree. Greyson is so proud of it.

3 Comments:
Gong2 only interested in the pictures posted & indeed pretty pitures! It's another year, a Season to be grateful & gay!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Honey, it does NOT look like a traffic light tree. I would LOVE to have your tree in my living room. Mine doesn't have enough ornaments and lights(no time to buy more). And our little savage has terrorized the balls on the lower branches. *sigh* Wish you lived closer. Miss you so much!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home